- When possible, maintain control over your resume by asking if you may send your email directly to the contact. However, if they refuse to provide you with the contact information, simply ask them to pass along your correspondence to the appropriate contact.
- Locate a contact name and email from your target company to follow up with.
- Maintain records to track application status and document any conversations held with decision makers or company contacts.
- When preparing correspondence, emphasize your fit for the role you apply for by focusing on where you can make an impact, add value, and solve problems. Remember to include a quantified example of how you've done this in the past.
- Suggest next steps for future follow ups and ask permission to check back with them
Leave a Reply.
“Margi has been recognized as one of the Top Career Transition Coaches by Coach Foundation.”
"I help individuals, families, and organizations navigate complicated career transitions and build strengths-based careers."
-- Margi Williams, MSIOP, CPC
Margi is a certified Career Strategist who’s privileged to partner with candidates navigating complicated career transitions.