- Develop SMART goals that clarify your job target, including job title, industry, and location (this will clarify the messaging you will use when tailoring your resume, constructing interview responses, and scheduling networking conversation.
- Identify at least 10 companies to target when building your job search pipeline with plans not to allow the number to diminish to less than 7.
- Create professional branding documents including resume, LinkedIn profile, tailored cover letters, and follow-up correspondence (schedule a coaching session to uncover your strengths, talents, skills, and values).
- Strategically tailor your resume towards specific roles.
- Formally conduct salary research to understand your current worth in the market.
To prepare candidates for launching their job search campaign, I encourage you to clarify your focus and job search target. To do so, I encourage candidates to complete the following:
"The power released when you cultivate, preserve, and project a positive outlook propels the trajectory of your job search."
-- Margi Williams, MSIOP, PCM
Margi is a dually certified Career and Life Coach that specializes in equipping motivated job seekers with the tools they need to uncover the hidden job market and convert job leads to winning interviews, lucrative job offers, and strengths-based careers.