- Develop SMART goals that clarify your job target, including job title, industry, and location (this will clarify the messaging you will use when tailoring your resume, constructing interview responses, and scheduling networking conversation.
- Identify at least 10 companies to target when building your job search pipeline with plans not to allow the number to diminish to less than 7.
- Create professional branding documents including resume, LinkedIn profile, tailored cover letters, and follow-up correspondence (schedule a coaching session to uncover your strengths, talents, skills, and values).
- Strategically tailor your resume towards specific roles.
- Formally conduct salary research to understand your current worth in the market.
To prepare candidates for launching their job search campaign, I encourage you to clarify your focus and job search target. To do so, I encourage candidates to complete the following:
“Margi has been recognized as one of the Top Career Transition Coaches by Coach Foundation.”
"I help individuals, families, and organizations navigate complicated career transitions and build strengths-based careers."
-- Margi Williams, MSIOP, CPC
I’m a certified Career Strategist who’s privileged to partner with candidates navigating complicated career transitions - equipping them with strategies to exceed performance expectations, clarify professional brand attributes, perfect interview strategy, negotiate "win-win" offers, capture career-defining roles, and discover strengths-based careers.